What would you like to do to improve your billiards skills this year?
Have you got a goal you want to master in the coming year?
We are not looking for simple goals like sinking more long shots or running a rack. These are well within the capabilities of a graduate of the Masters of Art in Pocket Billiards but true masters are looking for more:
• Run 100 balls, in any order, without a miss when throwing balls on the table
• Run 100 balls without a miss and without allowing the cue ball to touch a rail
• Run 3 consecutive sets of the 13 Ball Exercise without a miss
• Run 3 consecutive sets of the 12 Ball Exercise without a miss
• Run 1 set of the 14 Ball Exercise without a miss
• Score a 16 or higher in the 8-Ball Mid-Term Exam
• Score a 16 or higher in the 9-Ball Mid-Term Exam
• Shoot at least 100 stop shots, 3-4 diamonds apart, into the corner pocket without a miss
• Deliver 20 successful stun shots without a miss
• Successfully deliver 15 consecutive 2-7-2's, connecting the diamonds, and stopping the cue ball within a CD diameter of the center of the table.
• Deliver 5 sets of the 2-7-2+5 without a miss, stopping the cue ball within a CD diameter of the center of the table.
• Shoot every single lesson from The Lesson in order with five or less misses
• Break and run at least 3 racks in a ten-rack set of both 8-ball and 9-ball (Doing this five sets in a row, your grand B&R average is 30%!)
• Shoot 25 sets of the 4 Ball Exercise without a miss
There are 14 performance elements of a true Master of Pocket Billiards. How many do you own?